Rayman comes to Wii U with a new adventure. Michel Ancel, celebrated creator of Rayman, Beyond Good & Evil, and the Raving Rabbids, brings his innovative creativity to this exciting platform. Rayman Legends makes full use of the power of the Wii U. With the Wii U GamePad controller, discover new ways to platform with its touch-based gameplay, gyroscope technology, and even the ability to extend your playing experience when the TV is off. Additionally, the power of the machine has helped pave the way for more detailed graphics and lighting.
Rayman, Globox, and the Teensies are off wandering through an enchanted forest when they discover a mysterious tent filled with a series of captivating paintings. As they look more closely, they notice each painting seems to tell the story of a mythical world. While focusing on a painting that shows a medieval land, they are suddenly sucked into the painting, entering the world, and the adventure begins. The gang must run, jump and fight their way through each world to save the day and discover the secrets of every legendary painting.
- Wii U Showcase: Rayman Legends takes full advantage of the Wii U and its controller’s capabilities. Use the touch screen to take out enemies, manipulate platforms, cut ropes to clear a path and much more. With the gyroscope technology, you can move rotating platforms and much more.
- The Game Must Go On: The Wii U allows you to keep playing the game even when your television is off. Continue Rayman’s adventure on the screen of the Wii U’s wireless GamePad controller.
- 5-Player Co-op Gameplay: Now more players can join in on the fun. With four Wii Remotes and the Wii U GamePad controller, up to five players can play at once. At any time if someone wants to leave or join in, the game will continue without interruption.
- 3D Boss Battles: The bosses have a big advantage over Rayman’s gang: an extra dimension. Dragons and other epic creatures can attack from all angles, so you’ll have to be on top of your game to defeat them.
- New Challenges: Connect with your friends through a variety of challenges that will test your skill and speed. Check the leaderboards to see where you rank around the world.
- Rayman Rocks: Jump to the beat of a drum, punch to the bass line, even zip-line during a guitar sustain. Timing and rhythm are the key to beat these maps set to music. See if you have what it takes to be a Platforming Hero.
- UbiArt Engine Advancements: The UbiArt engine has expanded its abilities to now include 3D gameplay elements, a new lighting design, and a new rendering system which take Rayman’s graphics to the next level.
- The Award-Winning Team Is Back: The legendary team of decorated artists, designers and composers are teaming up again to create new worlds, new characters and a new soundtrack.