In the battle for Middle-earth, a new Fellowship is born.
Sauron’s dark forces are marching and a small band of heroes is all that stands before them. Together, Eradan the Ranger, Andriel the Elf and Farin the Dwarf embark on an epic journey across frozen mountain ranges, ancient forests and mighty citadels to protect the North from his terrible power.
The Lord of the Rings: War in the North is the untold story of those heroes and the unbreakable Fellowship they formed. A compelling combination of visceral action and immersive role-playing that can be played in single-player mode or with friends in co-operative multiplayer mode over a local network connection.*
- Take on the might of Sauron’s forces alone in single-player mode or invite friends to form a Fellowship in local network multiplayer mode.*
- Discover an untold story of the war in the northern lands of Middle-earth, inspired by J. R. R. Tolkien’s renowned The Lord of the Rings trilogy.
- Engage in brutal combat with your blade, bow, axe or magic and summon Beleram, one of the Great Eagles of Middle-earth, to fight alongside you in battle.
- Develop the Fellowship’s unique skills, customize their appearance and upgrade their weapons, equipment and armor.
- Forge a new path through unexplored regions of Middle-earth as well as legendary locations such as Rivendell and the Misty Mountains.
*Multiplayer is only available on a local network and does not have an online element.
- Supported OS: Mac Lion 10.7 Mac Mountain Lion 10.8
- Processor: 2.0Ghz
- RAM: 4 GB
- Hard Disk: 11 GB
- Video Card: 256 MB
- Additional Requirements: The following graphics cards are not supported: ATI X1xxx series, ATI HD2xxx series, Intel GMA series, Intel HD3000, NVIDIA 7xxx series, NVIDIA 8xxx series, NVIDIA 9400 and NVIDIA 320M. The following cards require you to have 8GB of system RAM: Intel HD4000.