The freedom of The Sims 3 will inspire you with endless creative possibilities and amuse you with unexpected moments of surprise and mischief. Create millions of unique Sims and control their lives. Customize their appearances and personalities. Build their homes – design everything from exquisitely furnished dream homes to quaint cottages. Then, send your Sims out to explore their ever-changing neighborhood and to meet other Sims in the town center. With all-new quick challenges and rewarding game play, The Sims 3 gives you the freedom to choose whether (or not) to fulfill your Sims’ destinies and make their wishes come true.
Key Game Features:
- New Seamless, Living Neighborhood
- Explore the ever-changing neighborhood—and take your Sims to meet friends in the park, go on a date at the bistro, visit neighbors’ homes, converse with less-than-savory characters in the graveyard and more. Who knows what might happen?
- Admire the natural beauty of the beach, the mountains, and more.
- New Create a Sim Functionality
- Create any Sim you can imagine with easy-to-use design tools that allow for unlimited customization of facial features, hair color, eye color, and more.
- Fine tune your Sims’ body shape from thin to curvy to muscular.
- New Personality Traits
- Create over a million different personalities with traits such as evil, insane, kleptomaniac, romantic, and more.
- Influence the behaviors of your Sims with the traits you’ve chosen. Will you create a neurotic romantic with a heart of gold, or a geeky super-genius with an evil streak?
- New Unlimited Customization
- Everyone can customize everything—design and build your dream house and decorate it to fit your Sims’ personalities.
- Customize everything from floors to décor, shirts to sofas, wallpaper to window shades.
- New Gameplay That’s Rewarding and Quick
- Face short and long-term challenges and reap the rewards.
- Your Sims can pursue random opportunities to get fast cash, get ahead, get even, and more.
- Choose whether, or not, to fulfill your Sims’ destinies by making their wishes come true. Will your Sims be thieves, rock stars, world leaders? The choice is yours.
- Get Connected and Share Your Creations with The Sims 3 Online Community
- Get free bonus content—download Sims, outfits, furnishings, houses and more.
- Create and Share Sims, houses, movies and more with anyone.
- Join The Sims 3 community to share ideas with fans of The Sims from around the world.
The Sims 3 Pets
Bring excitement and surprise into your Sims’ lives with pets! Create the perfect (or imperfect) pets for your Sims, from fierce guard dogs to destructive kittens to trusty horses and more as you determine not only how your Sims’ pets look but their personality traits as well. With a variety of new activities and social interactions, take direct control of your Sims’ pets and explore new ways to mess with their lives. Give your Sims a new member of their household and discover all-new ways to play with life!
Experience life on four legs as you explore the Sims world through the eyes of a dog or cat! Will you be fun and friendly or will you be more pest than pet? Dig, chase, find collectibles, learn to hunt, and more. Go outside and play or just go on the rug. Dogs can even help their owners land a date! Move up the pet pecking order with career opportunities. (Who knew there was a dog and cat underworld?) Travel the town with your owner, sniff out discoveries, find treasure, and more.
- More pets mean more fun! Create a wide variety of unique dogs, cats, and—for the first time ever—horses! Build a collection of lizards, turtles, snakes, and birds. Think your Sim has what it takes to tame a wild horse?
- Be the Pet. Wield control of your Sim’s pet to chase, dig, tackle and more. Be the perfect companion or wreck havoc on your Sims!
- Pets have their own traits! From intelligent, brave, and friendly to hydrophobic, skittish, and clueless to gentle, fast, and agile, determine the personality of your Sims’ pets.
- Supported OS: Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista SP1 or Windows 7
- Processor: (XP) 2.0 GHz P4 processor or equivalent; (Vista and Windows 7) 2.4 GHz P4 processor or equivalent
- RAM: (XP) 1 GB RAM; (Vista and Windows 7) 1.5 GB RAM
- Hard Disk: At least 300 MB of free space with at least 6.4 GB additional space for custom content and saved games.
- Video Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible Video Card with 128 MB of Video RAM and support for Pixel Shader 2.0 NVIDIA GeForce6800 or better, ATI Radeon X800 or better
- Additional Info: *Supported Video Cards: Nvidia GeForce series: FX5900 or better; ATI Radeon™ 9500 series or better; Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA): GMA 3-Series, GMA 4-Series. Laptop versions of these chipsets may work, but may run comparatively slower. Please note that the GMA 950 class of integrated video cards, and GeForce 6100 and 7100 cards are not supported. (NVIDIA GeForce FX series is unsupported under Vista.) **For computers using built-in graphics chipsets the game requires at least: Intel Integrated Chipset, GMA 3-Series or above, 2.6 GHz Pentium D CPU, or 1.8 GHz Core 2 Duo, or equivalent and 0.5 GB additional RAM.
- Supported OS: Mac OS X 10.5.7 Leopard or higher
- Processor: ntel Core Duo Processor
- RAM: 2 GB
- Hard Disk: At least 6.1 GB of hard drive space with at least 1 GB of additional space for custom content and saved games
- Video Card: ATI X1600 or Nvidia 7300 GT with 128 MB of Video RAM, or Intel Integrated GMA X3100.
- Additional Info: **This game will not run on PowerPC (G3/G4/G5) based Mac systems, or the GMA 950 class of integrated video cards